Finding the right way to promote your blog in social media can be a challenge for some of us. Between thinking about our posts, planning out the research and setting up time to write without interruptions is sometimes hard enough to do.
But if you really want to promote your blog posts to a wider audience, there are social media insights that you need to have in your arsenal. Effective use of Facebook can not only raise your traffic levels, but it can also bring in new story ideas (from comments), for starters. It’s also effective in acting as a spreader of your blog posts. Let’s explore some of the ways to do this. We’ll touch on Twitter usage in a future post.
How To Promote Your Blog On Facebook
With many of us already on Facebook, it’s a natural starting point to promoting your blog here. The main technical issue you might have to deal with is deciding whether to set up a separate page for your blog. Most of us would likely choose to do that. It gives you a ‘product’ to promote. Plus, you can keep your blog posts about making money through affiliate marketing separate from, say… pictures of your daughter’s school play.
For example, if your blog is about family camping, start by:
- Researching all the family camping pages on Facebook. Like those pages, post to their walls, and build up a presence on the topic of family camping ideas and adventures. You’ll also be able to source some fun ideas for your own blogs from comments and mentions on these pages as well.
- Link your blog posts to particular conversation on some of these pages. If it’s a relevant post about the topic being discussed, many will appreciate your link. Avoid spamming certain posts with non-relevant blog links.
- Build new connections of people within your interest areas. Find those who might even be willing to write guests posts for you. It’s important in promoting your blog to be forward, so feel free to get out of the house, so to speak!
- Search the web for posts about using content on your blog to build up your SEO rankings. You can learn more about these at a variety of professional blog sites including the iAcquire blog. Knowing more about the relationship of what you write about your family camping trips, with tips to distribute that content around the web, will certainly help to build you blog audience.
- Having a separate Facebook page for your blog lets you double your sharing abilities. You can post a new blog update on the Facebook blog page, then share it on your personal page. This will give you a better ranking on Facebook, so that you appear in others’ feeds as well.
- Consistency brings momentum. You don’t have to blog everyday, but it helps with your social media momentum. People will start to check your blog daily for updates. Using Facebook for this consistent updating will help to build the traffic going to your blog.
Which Social Media Network Works Best For YOUR Blog?
Share in the comments below!