Do you have trouble keeping track of passwords for all the services you use to promote and manage your blog? Do you need a place to keep all of your printed receipts for tax purposes? Do you need a way to organize checklists and procedures in one place?
One tool that many blogger use to organize their blogging materials is a blogging binder. Even though it’s nice to have information stored online, sometimes it’s nice to be able to access things in print.
Having a blogging binder allows you to have all of your important information in one place. If it’s properly organized, it will make it easy to access the information you need. Sometimes it’s quicker to find information in a binder than it would be to find the same information online.
A blogging binder can also serve as a backup in case your digital information is lost. Having an organized blogging binder can give you peace of mind.
How to Organize Your Own Blogging Binder
- Find a three-ring binder that you can use for all of your blogging materials.
- Start collecting your blogging information, printouts, and notes. They can all be included in your blogging binder.
- Divide your binder into sections, and use tabs to make the information easier to find. You might want to have sections for stats, logins, notes, etc. Design your organizational system based on the materials you plan to include in your binder.
- If you don’t already have these pages in your binder, you might want to consider including the following pages:
- A login/password page to keep all of your login info in one place. This is a huge time saver!
- Statistics tracking sheets. This will help you measure your growth over time.
- Calendar pages. You can use these for editorial calendars or marketing plans.
- An expense tracker. Make sure you remember all of your blogging expenses.
- Brainstorming sheets.
- Contact information for VAs, tribe members, and ad networks.
There are a lot of great blog planning printables on Etsy, and some bloggers even offer their planners for free via their blogs. If you do a search for “blog planner printables” on Pinterest, you’re sure to find lots of options that will make your blog organized and pretty.
Having a blogging binder can help you feel more organized and “together.” It’s convenient to be able to grab your blogging binder to take with you to a coffee shop, or even a conference. Getting organized with a blogging binder can help you be more productive and efficient in your blogging work.
If you use a blogging binder, what other things do you include to make it your one stop shop, for all things blogging?
Share in the comments below!