Affiliate Marketing Expert, Susanne Myers, is joining us today to share some tips and ideas for boosting your affiliate marketing profits – and the profits of your blog overall! Susanne offers a lot of great resources to other bloggers to help them increase their profits. She was kind enough to answer the following questions for Blogelina readers!
How to Start Making More Money With Your Blog Today!
Blogelina: What method have you found to be the most successful for converting affiliate links (ie. text links, ads, etc.)?
Susanne: Great question! There are two different ways that work well for me. The first is text links in context. I use this quite a bit on blog posts. I share great content and then include a recommendation to an affiliate product. Depending on where it fits, I make the recommendation somewhere in the middle of the blog post or at the end.
The other thing that’s converting really well for me is solo emails. You have to be careful with those though. You can’t just send promo after promo. I like to use the following format.
- Email #1: Share some great content related to the product I want to promote. This could be directly in the email, or a link to a blog post or short report. I like to hint at the product in the email’s P.S.
- Email #2: Solo email that promotes the product.
- Email #3: More usable content with a reminder about the affiliate product.
- Email #4: Pure content that’s not necessarily related. No affiliate link in this email.
While other things work as well, these two methods have been giving me the best results.
Blogelina: I have some affiliate links that have made a couple of sales for me but I would love to see more – can you give me any suggestions?
Susanne: I’d start by figuring out what’s working right now and then do more of that. Have you made the sales because of an autoresponder message? Then work on growing your list so more people read that email. Is it as a result of a blog post? Write more posts along those lines and send more traffic to the blog post that’s making the sales.
Blogelina: What’s your #1 Tip for someone wanting to become a wealthy affiliate?
- Traffic – Get more traffic to your website or blog.
- List – Before you send them to click on affiliate link, get them on your list.
- Offer – Write more offers each week. Some will be in the form of emails, others are at the end of blog posts when you recommend a product and ask them to buy. This is what a lot of people struggle with, but unless you ask for the sale, you won’t make it.
Where to Hear More From Susanne
Thanks so much to Susanne for her help with these questions today! For the past few weeks now, I’ve been participating in Susanne Myer’s Daily Affiliate Tasks. Each week, I get an email with practical steps to ramp up my affiliate earnings – I’m loving it! Especially how practical the suggestions are – these aren’t theoretical maybes. These are things I can do to improve my earnings today. If you want to learn even more about what she has to say about affiliate marketing, be sure to sign up for her Daily Affiliate Tasks program – it’s only $10 A MONTH!
Susanne is also the creator of the Affiliate Niche Blogging Packs I reviewed a few weeks ago (with confidence because I’ve used them!). They’re a great resource for getting started with your blogging niche, giving you valuable information such as keywords, affiliate programs to use, and some great ideas for names and domain names!
Have another question or thought?
If you have any other burning questions about affiliate marketing – or just about making money with your blog – be sure leave a comment below.