If you’re wanting to increase your blog traffic, here are a few tips:
- Stay focused on generating great content on your blog. If people like what they read, they will come back to read more. They also might pass on a good word about your blog to others in their network.
- Submit your posts to blog carnivals.
- Comment on other blogs in your niche. Get involved in the blogging community. Add value to the blogs of others and you will catch the attention of the blog authors and their readers.
- Write often. The more there is to read, the more there is to draw in readers.
- Participate in link exchanges with other blogs. Contact other blogs in your niche and suggest that you swap blogroll links.
- Use social networks. Make sure that you are signed up for Twitter and Facebook and link your blog to them so that posts are automatically posted. Be sure to include a button on your blog so that your readers can easily follow you in those networks.
- Spend time in choosing post titles. You’ll want titles that the search engines will pick up easily. Be descriptive and catchy in naming your posts.
- Create expectations and fulfill them. Let your readers know a bit about what is coming. Write a blog series every now and then. Consistently post about a certain topic on a certain day each week. This will give your readers a reason to come back later.
- Join the Blogelina community – There is so much going on around here at the Blogelina community – we are here to help you and YOUR blog succeed! Download the FREE Blogelina Info Packet to find out more about the fun ways to get involved and start promoting your blog today!
Let’s apply it today:
If you aren’t already regularly doing so, set aside at least a few minutes each week to visit other blogs in your niche and leave a comment on a recent post.
Have you found some helpful tips and tricks for increasing your blog traffic? Please share below in the comments!