The Quick Guide to Setting Up Your Own Profitable Blog:
Step #1: Get hosting
- We recommend GoDaddy (for their amazing support team) and Web Hosting Hub (they offer a great deal for Blogelina readers!)
Step #2: Buy a domain/URL
- To find out what’s available, search for you domain here.
Step #3: Install WordPress on your domain
- Not sure how? Just contact your web hosting company and they’ll walk you through the steps!
Step #4: Get a great look for your blog
- We recommend the Studiopress Themes (they’re easily customized).
Step #5: Read everything you can get your hands on
We recommend starting with the following:
- Blogelina’s Free Weekly Blogging Tips!
- 31 Days to a Better Blog – I read this book when I first got started blogging and credit it with playing a big part in the success I’ve seen!
- The Problogger’s Guide To Your First Week of Blogging – Among pro-bloggers, Darren Rowse is one of the elite. I highly recommend anything he writes because he’s just about one of the most helpful bloggers I’ve run into.
- Successful Blogging in 12 Simple Steps – This one comes in an audio-book, too!
Step #6: Network!
- Start connecting with other bloggers. A good place to start is with Blogelina’s (Free) Blogging Buddy Network.
But What If I’ve Already Started… But On the Wrong Foot?
- It’s never too late to move your blog to WordPress – of course, the sooner you do it, the easier it is to actually accomplish. Check out the Recommended Transfer Resources for more help!
Can You Just Do All This For Me?
- We sure can! Everything above is included in our Blog Design Service or in the installation of one of our Beautiful Blog Themes. For less than it would cost you to do it yourself – and taking up a whole lot less of your time – we can get your blog all set up for you!
Still have questions?
Drop us a line – we’ll do our best to get back with you as quickly as we can!