Are you wanting to create more content for your blog, but don’t know how you’ll be able to find the time to do it? Do you feel like you could bring your site to the next level if you only had more time to focus and write?
As bloggers, we wear many hats. We’re writers, CEOs, marketers, operations managers, graphic designers, and editors. Many of us are also parents, spouses, friends, and employees.
Finding time to dedicate to creating content is a challenge when we have so many other responsibilities that fill the hours of our days.
Here are some ways to carve out more time in your day to dedicate to creating content:
Ways to Make Time to Create Content
- Take a social media break for a few days. Every time you have the urge to check Facebook, send a tweet, or upload a picture to Instagram, write a few sentences for a blog post instead.
- Find ways to minimize your commute, and use that time to write. Instead of driving home after dropping your kids off at preschool, go to a coffee shop near the school and write. If you know traffic will die down if you stay at work later, spend some time writing after your work hours are over. Depending on your situation, there may be a lot of opportunities for you to build more writing time into your day by re-working your commute.
- Carry a notebook with you, and start writing when inspiration hits. If you think of a great blog post idea while waiting in line at the grocery store, whip out your notebook, and start jotting down your ideas, or even the first few sentences of your post.
- If you have a smartphone, try using the speech-to-text feature. I use the speech-to-text feature to take “Notes” on my iPhone. If you do this a few days a week while you’re waiting to pick up your kids from school, you can get a lot written. Make notes on your phone, and then email them to yourself to use later.
- Wake up early or stay up late. Depending on if you’re a morning person or a night owl, using the time at the beginning or end of the day gives you time to focus on creating content when your house is quiet.
- Re-prioritize. If you’re in a time crunch, it’s okay to let things go sometimes. Instead of making home-cooked meals every night, have a crockpot meal or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Take some things off your plate so you have more time to write.
- Make plans to get away. A lot of bloggers and writers take large chunks of time to create content. If you can get a babysitter or a friend to take care of your children on a day when you don’t have to work, spend a few hours working at the library. Working in bulk can be more time-efficient and allow you to get more done in less time.
With a little creativity and juggling, it is possible to find more time to write.
What are some ways that you make time to create content?
Share in the comments below!