Don’t be overwhelmed by the new Social Media Network on the web – put it to work for your blog!
28 Tips To Make Google+ Work For Your Blog
- Notifications from your Google+ account go to your Gmail address attached to your Google Account by default. You can change this in your settings.
- Want more followers on Google+? Take time to complete your profile and make sure it includes plenty of information for interested people to find you.
- Is your Google+ profile link on your website? Make sure your website visitors know you’re on Google+ too.
- Follow people of influence in your niche on Google+. You will appear in their followers lists and may show up as a recommendation to follow from Google+.
- Looking for people to follow on Google+? Try the suggested list on the right hand corner of your profile.
- Have you told your subscribers that you’re on Google+? Let them know, so you can connect a bit more closely.
- Ask your friends to recommend you on Google+. If you’re just starting out, word-of-mouth can go a long way.
- Search for Google+ updates on topics of interest to you and join in the conversation. It’s a great way to make new connections.
- Share other people’s content on Google+ readily. It increases your exposure and spreads goodwill that comes back to you.
- Want your subscribers to find you on Google+? Invite them to a Hangout with the promise of sharing some great information.
- Just like buying links is a bad idea, avoid buying +1’s.
- Add the places you’ve lived to your Google+ profile, so that people in your area or those from your past can find you.
- Use the Extended Circles feature sparingly on Google+. Save it for your best content and updates.
- If you want to keep the people in your circles or the people circling you private, you can. Just go to your profile, click “Change who is visible here,” and update your preferences.
- Just because someone circles you, doesn’t mean you have to circle them back. Circle people who share similar interests and who interest you.
- Use the Google+ “What’s Hot” feature to find content to share and comment on. It’s proven content and can bring extra exposure.
- If you want Google+ to stop uploading your mobile photos automatically, just go to “Settings -> Instant Upload” in your mobile app and choose your desired setting.
- Share your latest YouTube video by creating a Google+ Hangout to start a discussion.
- Set up some saved searches in Google+ to use them as research and to find content to share.
- Already use hashtags in Twitter? They work the same in Google+, so use them readily.
- Have you seen Ripples yet? They’re a cool way of seeing how content is shared via Google+. Just go to any post and find the option in the right drop down arrow.
- Did you accidentally send a Google+ update to the wrong Circles? Not a worry, you can edit the sharing of your post.
- Want to get notified of upcoming Google+ features before they’re released? Sign up here: Google+ Updates
- Made an oopsie on a comment you made on Google+? You can edit or delete it later.
- Did you know you can add someone to your Circles from your Gmail account? If you receive an email from a Google+ user, you’ll see their latest post on the far right side of the email and an option to add that person to your Circles.
- If you ever decide to delete your Google+ account, you can export your data and take it with you using the Google Takeout feature.
- Looking for statistics on Google+ users? Try socialstatistics.com
- You can format your Google+ updates by using the following: * on each side of a word creates bolded text; _ on either side creates italicized text; and – on either side create strike-through text.
Are You Using Google+ For Your Blog?
What do you think so far – share in the comments below!