So, you’ve decided to start a blog and you wonder how you’ll attract readers to your site? While solid content is of utmost importance, you also need to find a way to allow people to find your blog from a search engine.
Many get a glazed over look in their eyes when the topic of SEO comes up, but it doesn’t have to be that difficult. There are numerous easy SEO tips that, when used, can really help your blog move up in search engine results.
Everyone Seems to Have SEO Tips and Tricks
If you’re a newbie to SEO, there are a few important things to remember.
First off, the 800 pound gorilla, Google, is not always the most clear in regards to what they’re wanting. This has, on one level, given birth to numerous voices related to search engine optimization which can make it difficult to know what to do in relation to SEO for many.
If you find yourself in this camp, don’t allow it to hold you back from implementing some usage of SEO in your blog posts. Speaking personally, if used with some common sense, taking advantage of some SEO tips can help drive growth of your blog.
Simple SEO Tactics Anyone Can Implement
If you’ve been blogging for long, you’re probably well aware that there are many SEO tools that can be used to help improve your search rankings. What I have found, though, is that some of the best tools to use are the free ones.
- By using Google Adwords and the auto fill feature in Google search you can easily see what people are searching for and formulate your blog post that way.
- Beyond that, you want to try on focus on as long of a keyword as naturally possible as it’ll make your post more focused and more likely to be read.
- No one wants to read something written for a robot, so make sure not to use your keyword more than in 1% of the post (which could also be viewed as keyword stuffing).
- Make sure that you include your keyword in at least one subhead and the alt tag for your picture (assuming you use one).
- The last of my SEO tips is to link back to relevant posts you’ve written in the past as it increases the chances of keeping readers on your site longer, but it also can help improve search rankings for the linked posts.
Content is Still King
What has been missing from my SEO tips thus far is the importance of content. At the end of the day, content is still king.
While implementing some SEO tips may bring readers to your site, content is what will keep them there. Solid content with a little SEO will generally benefit your site much more than a lot of tricks and shallow content.
Think about what you like to read, do you want to read something that’s written well, or do you want to read something written for a robot? Solid content will engage your readers more, which will generally cause them to share your posts socially more – thus attracting more people. This is also not to mention the fact that Google has communicated that they’re looking for solid content and not shallow posts intended to manipulate search rankings.
How Do You Feel About SEO?
What are some of your SEO tips and tricks?
Do you write with SEO in mind?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!