Bloggers make a living out of their writing skills. Most bloggers have a rudimentary technical knowledge. And, when it comes to adopting the latest technology, they are hesitant and confused. This should not be the case.
Cloud computing – probably, this is the most buzzed words in web today. The technology can bring remarkable benefits for bloggers. Once you are on cloud, you are sure to wonder how you were surviving without this technology.
What is cloud anyway and how it can help in your blogging endeavors?
Cloud is not a physical thing. In simple terms, it means storing your articles, images and videos on a third party provider’s server rather than on your computer or hard drive. The data can be accessed anytime through internet and can be downloaded on your computer.
Benefits of cloud – If you aren’t leveraging it, you’re way behind
The primary reason for businesses to implement cloud computing is cost effectiveness. This holds true for bloggers too. With the limitless availability of storage space, bloggers can easily share their data across cloud storage.
There are number of ways cloud can help make blogger’s life a swift breeze:
- Gain Unprecedented Flexibility: Bloggers are known for their flexibility. They can write from just anywhere and anytime, they get an idea. They can blog from a coffee shop, while on the go or in office. Cloud computing can help enhance their productivity in doing so. Tools can be accessed easily from your smartphone or tablet.
- Automatic Backup to keep your data safe: You don’t have to worry about data backup as all the data is stored on server of the service provider, who takes care of this headache. While working in the cloud, you don’t need to press “Ctrl+S” again and again; this is also done automatically for you. Cloud ensures that all the hard work is not lost along the way.
- Data security in the cloud era: Cloud services use encryption algorithms to protect your files and data. This makes it even more secure than the one on your hard drive which can be easily lost or damaged.
- Improved collaboration and communication – Bloggers work hand in hand with others. If input from more than one is required, you just need to share the doc URL and they can easily add their content at the same time, without any expensive infrastructure. This eliminates the need to exchange mails. You can sync up and work on docs simultaneously and receive updates in real time.
What options do I have?
There are apps that allow the convenience of blogging when you are away from desk. Here are few options that will help you manage corporate blog from smartphone or tablet.
- Google Drive – If you use Gmail regularly, Google Docs is an excellent option for you to write blogs. It offers you a search feature for all stored files. You can also narrow your search according to file date as well.
- Evernote – It is a multi-platform program that lets you keep virtual notebooks close at hand. This is the place where you can store your ideas, collect components and write the post. Evernote offers a robust solution that allows working on multiple posts simultaneously.
- Dropbox – Dropbox is an established player in online storage game and is a favorite among users. With drag and drop facility, it is easy to use and access. You can backup your files – blog posts, images and videos here. It’s much like your hard drive in cloud.
- Pixlr – Images are important to showcase your work on Pinterest and Instagram. When you take photos from your smartphone, you need to edit them before publishing. Pixlr is an online image editor. It is popular for creating amazing effects for your images. This is similar to Photoshop in the cloud.
This is the age when cloud computing is so readily available, there is no reason not to use cloud technology. With easy availability of cloud services on Smartphone and Tablets, you can write and publish your blogs on the move.
Author Bio: Deepanshu Gahlaut, technical writer working with AceCloudHosting DotCom, is passionate about technology including cloud computing, VoIP, PBX and social media. His writings display the knowledge and challenges that he collects with his day-to-day experiences.