One of the hardest things to do is generate traffic to your blog. Just as important, but perhaps often overlooked, is the equal importance of keeping readers coming back to your site for more once they’ve found you.
Tips to Help You Get Repeat Traffic
- Update your blog frequently. Stagnant sites are dropped by some search engines.
- Offer additional value on your website. For other bloggers,you can place links to their sites and products and ask them to do the same for you. Consider joining a blogging clan to network with other bloggers. Celebrate your readers in one way or another – by recognizing those that are heavily involved or by offering a valuable freebie.
- Place a link on your site to invite customers to ‘opt in’ to get a monthly newsletter. You could also do this by offering a valuable promotional product such as an e-book or e-course. Then, continue to provide excellent content on your blog and let readers know about it via email.
- Add a link to your primary page with a script ‘BookMark or Add this site to your Favorites’. The WordPress plugin Add to Any makes this easy to do.
- Brand your blog so that visitors always know they are on your site. Use consistent colors, logos and slogans and always provide a ‘Contact Us’ link on each page.
- Create a FAQ page. Give your visitors an easy place to find out all about you, your blog, and what your content is all about.
- Ensure that each page on your website has appropriate titles and keywords. This way, your readers can find their way back to your site if they lose the book mark.
- Never spam a client, who has opted for newsletters, with unsolicited emails. Later if they decide they want to ‘opt out’ of the mailings, be sure you honor their request and take them off the mailing list. They may still come back if they like your content and value the information you provide. But they will certainly not come back if you continue to flood their email box with mails they no longer wish to receive.
- And, above all, continue to provide exceptional content. Connect with your readers by being personable and give them helpful information that they can actually apply. Make them want to come back to find out what other wonderful things you have to share!