If you are the owner of a newly launched blog, or if your blog lacks the popularity it deserves, you should have a look at the following 9-step guide, which will show you how to get valuable links and improve your traffic levels and overall site popularity:
1. Comment on Do-Follow blogs.
2. Place a link or invitation for potential link partners in a noticeable place on your blog. There are many bloggers who visit related websites and some of them might want to link to you. Make sure to offer them an easy and quick solution to initiate the link exchange.
3. Comment on other blogs. Try to include a link to your blog where the context allows it.
4. Join a few forums related to the topic of your website and become an active member. Try to create the exact same user name and password for more forums, so that you can manage your posts and memberships better. Some forums don’t allow you to place links in your messages – unless they are really valuable forums try to avoid them as they will bring little benefit.
5. Post on groups and other online communities.
6. Use social bookmarking websites such as digg.com or stumbleupon.com to generate interest in your website. The more interesting the content of your pages is, the more credit you will get from the people who determine the placement of your links.
7. Yahoo Answers is another interesting source of traffic and links. Make sure to become a real contributor to the program, not just someone who places a link without any real content.
8. Offer something of value for free to your visitors or newsletter subscribers. This will generate a viral effect in which visitors tell their friends about your blog. This will lead to increased traffic, plus it will let more webmasters know that you exist, increasing the chances of a link exchange.
9. Use the full power of article submissions. This is another viral marketing tool that has the potential of generating more and more incoming links towards your website as the articles you submitted get republished on blogs and websites.
The Important Thing to Remember
The key to building quality incoming links for your blog is to always add value, wherever you go, whatever you write, whoever you talk to. Do what you can to really help people and they will both notice and appreciate your work.