So, you’ve started your blog, you’ve written a handful of posts, but you still don’t have any comments.
You’re probably asking yourself why that is. You know you have great content, and you can see from your analytics that people are visiting your site, but no one is commenting. Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there might be some things that you’re doing that is detracting from people’s comments.
The good news?! We’re here to help! With over 80 different tips to make your blog MORE comment friendly, so that you can build that community you’ve been working towards.
Check-out the 80+ tips on how to make your blog more comment friendly.
- Have you looked at the default settings on your blog? You may be deterring comments without even knowing it! This post from Donna at Funky Junk Interiors, goes step by step through all of the default settings that could be hurting your comments.
- We often give our readers too many options when it comes to commenting. People can become confused or overwhelmed by too many calls to action. Gretchen from Connoisseur of Words & Code shares 10 Practical Tips to Encourage Comments and Conversation on Your WordPress Blog.
- Does your blog roll out the welcome mat for people to comment? Charlene Kingston at Social Media Examiner, shares 7 ways you can encourage comments on your blog.
- Creating outstanding content, whether good, bad or controversial will help bring people to your blog to comment. Neil Patel over at Quick Sprout shares 10 tips on how to bring those comments in.
- Another fantastic way to generate comments is to end your posts with a BANG! Problogger has 7 Powerful Ways to End Your Next Blog Post.
- Write controversial posts in a productive way. We already know controversial posts can generate more comments, but it is also important to know how to write a post like this, so that it doesn’t hurt your brand. Melissa Ford from BlogHer shares 5 tips on how to write a controversial post well.
- If you’ve tried everything else, Lifehack shares 31 Proven Ways to Get More Comments on Your Blog. Some you’ve seen before, but there are many new ideas.
- Finally, you can join comment parties, just like the Commentathon that Blogelina is hosting this month!
Comments give your blog the community feel that keeps people coming back for more. It tells future sponsors that you have an audience and it helps you feel like the time that you have invested in your blog is worthwhile. Not to mention the valuable ideas and feedback that can come from reader comments. Never underestimate the power of multiple comments on your blog!
What are some of the hang-ups you’ve had with getting comments? How did you correct those mistakes?
Share in the comments below!