As bloggers, we’re in a unique position. People come to read, (and hopefully) share the information that we put out. Most of the time, we may write articles that are interesting to us or ones that will be useful to our readers.
However, as a blogger, you are often in a position to influence people. Some companies (both large and small) want bloggers to review their items and bring their audience to the products that the company offers.
These brands won’t always find you, though. So, if you’ve decided to begin offering reviews on your blog, this post can help you understand how to not only procure those items to review, but also how to write a good review so that both your readers AND the brands you are working with, stay happy.
Tips Preparing Your Blog and Finding Products to Review
- Ensuring that your blog is set up for product reviews is of utmost importance, Problogger does a fantastic job going through the steps you should follow to ensure you’re ready.
- Once you’re blog is set up, then you need to go about getting the items to review. This post from IncomeDiary, explains how you can get free products to review on your blog.
- When emailing the brands you’d like to work with, it helps to ensure you have the perfect email pitch prepared and ready to go. This post from Mama of 3 Munchkins shares, how to pitch companies for product reviews plus she provides a copy of a perfect pitch email.
- If you’re not quite ready to go directly to the brands themselves there are many different companies you can work with who will be able to supply you with different products to review. This post from Thinking Outside the Sandbox, can help you find products to review on your blog.
- Are you a beauty blogger looking for more places to get free items to review? Then check out this post with 18 Places to Get Freebies for Your Blog.
Tips for Writing Your Review
- Being consistent with great content is key for your blog, which means that if you write product reviews or sponsored posts, you want to ensure that you have all the best information included. This post from Snap! explains how to write an authentic sponsored post.
- This post takes you step by step through how to make sure your product review gets seen and clicked on.
- If you write a product review, typically you want the item to sell because you are an affiliate for the product or because you are trying to sell it for the brand you’re working with. Well, Angie from The Work At Home Wife, shares her 5 Steps for Writing Product Reviews That Sell.
- A good review shouldn’t just be written to get you sales, you want to ensure that you are selling your readers with an unbiased opinion, so that they know that they can trust you. Problogger shares, “How to Write a Must Read Product Review.“
Whether you’ve been writing product reviews for awhile, or are just thinking of getting started – Hopefully this list will prepare you to write the best possible post you can!
What other tips do you have when it comes to offering reviews on your blog?
Share in the comments below!