Foodie Bloggers have a lot of important elements to remember before they hit publish…
Blogging isn’t easy for anyone, it takes hard work and dedication – but, Food Blogging can be very complicated. It requires you to take photos as you go, throughout your entire cooking process, and, they can’t just be any ordinary photo, they must be styled in a certain way, be clear, colorful and eye-catching. They have to be images that make people stop what they’re doing, and want to run to the kitchen to make that recipe RIGHT NOW!
It is because of these reasons, that this week’s curated post is dedicated to our Foodie Bloggers.
Tips for Foodie Bloggers
Behind the Scenes
- If you’re not into the technical side of your blog, and just want to start writing and sharing your recipes, this post from Cookie + Kate can help! Kate shares 9 tips on How to Start a Food Blog.
- You need your blog to look good! As a food blogger, you want to make sure that you are highlighting all of your recipes in one spot, in a way that is easily search-able. The Minamalist Baker, shares a review, Foodie, A Food Blog Child Theme Built for Genesis.
- Once you have your blog up and running, you want to ensure you have useful and efficient plug-ins installed, so that your site is running at its best. Food Bloggers of Canada has a fantastic post FULL of 20 Essential WordPress Plug-ins for Food Bloggers.
- THE most important feature of a food blog is the photos. Obviously, you want to take the best pictures possible, so check out Click It Up A Notch’s post on Food Photography Equipment.
- Pinch of Yum shares a post with 10 Household Items That Can Improve Your Food Photography. No need to buy extra fancy equipment, find things around your house.
- The background of your image can make or break the photo. Mama Miss shares 5 different back ground hacks for your images.
- Once you have all the equipment and tools that you’ll need, you need to take time to style beautiful images. Simply Delicious, shares 5 Different Ways That You Can Style Your Food.
- Sally’s Baking Addiction provides tips on Food Photography Basics. Things like, how to properly use your DSLR camera and some other general tips for your food photos.
Promoting Your Food Blog
- Are you promoting your food blog on Instagram? If not, profoodblogger says you should be, and explains why.
- Looking for even more ways to increase traffic to your food blog? Better with Butter provides new ideas for places and things to do to grow your following.
If you’re a Foodie Blogger what are some of the best tips you’ve ever been given?
Did we miss anything? What else do you struggle with when it comes to being a Foodie Blogger?
Share in the comments below!