I’m sure you’ve heard it time and time again – having a specific blog niche is incredibly important to you, especially if you plan on monetizing your blog. There are a million different ways you can look at your niche, you can narrow it waaaay down, or make it a bit broader, but knowing in which direction you want your blog to head, is important for content creation.
Take Blogelina for example, our primary focus is helping new bloggers learn how to successfully blog, and eventually make some money. However, we do include topics that are a bit more advanced, just so long as in the end, the topic comes back to blogging in some way. People know what to expect when they visit Blogelina, which allows us to really focus in and boost our traffic.
Choosing a niche can be tough, but with the tips that we are sharing today, you might just find that it isn’t quite as difficult as you had once imagined.
Tips for Choosing Your Blogging Niche
- Finding your niche is incredibly important, but it can be exciting to decide on one. Chris Ducker explains how you can decide on your niche in 20 minutes or less.
- When choosing your niche, you want to ensure it is something that you are passionate about, the passion is what will keep you going once the initial excitement of blogging wears off. This post from Elle & Co., teaches how to choose a niche and set your blog apart.
- If you think you’ve decided on a niche, but you aren’t quite sure if it’s the exact right fit, there are ways to fight through the confusion. Make Room for Greatness provides 7 Questions to Find Your Niche or Personal Brand.
- If you’re looking to create a profitable blog, then doing some keyword research before settling on your niche is important. Copyblogger explains, How to Choose a Profitable Niche.
- If you don’t have a specific niche, it can be difficult to build a targeted audience who want to keep coming back. Online Income Teacher explains, how to Choose Your Blog Niche Carefully.
- If you are blogging to grow an audience, you want to make sure that you are writing for one of five main reasons. Amy Lynn Andrews writes about How to Decided What to Write About.
- Maybe you know you enjoy writing, and that you want to start a blog, but have absolutely no idea where to get started. First Site Guide shares tips on how you can narrow down and choose the best niche for you.
- When it comes to choosing a niche, do you automatically jump to the conclusion that all of the good ideas are already taken? Blog Easy Way, shares that all the good ideas are not taken, in their post, Step 1: Find the Niche for Your Blog.
- Niche-ing down can lead to greater impact on those that read your blog. Make Room for Greatness shares 3 reasons why you will love niche-ing down.
Bonus Content from Blogelina
- What Makes Your Blog Different from Others in Your Niche?
- A Checklist for Evaluating a Potential Niche
- Carving a Small Piece of a Large Niche – What to Do When It Feels Like Everyone is Already Writing About Your Blog’s Topic
Finding your niche is incredibly important, but don’t let it stress you out our cause anxiety. Have fun with it! Take the time to answer questions about yourself, brainstorm interests and really just feel out where you fit. You’ll find your spot and then your blog and its content will sore!
Have you tried narrowing down your blog’s niche? Do you feel like it was the right decision for you?
Or, if you haven’t niche’ed down, why have you chosen not to?
Share in the comments below!