We’ve heard it time and again, you need to use keywords in your posts in order to be found by search engines. However, there’s more to it than just choosing a word and running with that. There are best practices to finding the best keywords that your post can rank for and ways to ensure that you aren’t OVER using a keyword (Yes! This is possible).
In today’s post we’re going to be sharing with you over 60 different tips about keywords; from what they are, how to find them, and how to use them effectively!
Ready!? Let’s. Get. Started!
- It is critical to know what a keyword is, and to understand that it is more than just a word you choose to repeat over and over again in your post. HubSpot’s post, Understanding Keywords, explains what a keyword is and the difference between a Broad and a Long-Tail Keyword.
- It is also important to note, that you never want to scam or trick your readers into reading a post by using a keyword that is not actually related to your content. Bruce Clay, shares why it’s so important not to scam your readers.
- Most bloggers want to generate more traffic to their blogs. One of the best ways to do this, is to ensure your site is ranking high for certain keywords. This post from Hubspot, shares a practical guide to finding great SEO keywords.
- In the previous bullet we mention “ranking” for certain keywords, this post from WordStream, has 10 different steps you can follow to ensure you are ranking for important keywords in your niche.
- Believe it or not, when you begin your research for keywords, your goal is to try and determine what words your audience is already using to search and find you. This post from Copyblogger explains how to find keywords that work for your content marketing goals.
- If you are still confused as to what keywords are, and how you can find them, Blog Photo has a post titled, Keyword Research: A Guide for the Rest of Us. This post goes into even more detail surrounding keywords and understanding their purpose.
- Want help generating your initial list of keywords? Check-out this post from HubSpot with 8 tips on developing your initial list of keywords.
Using Keywords Effectively
- If you want to achieve SEO success on your blog, you need to ensure you are placing your keywords correctly throughout your content. WDWC shares 4 tips on using keywords effectively.
- Knowing where Google likes to see keywords located is incredibly important when publishing SEO content. About Tech shares a post, 5 Tricks to Use Keywords in Your Blog Posts, that can help you understand keyword placement.
- One of the best keyword planners around is Google’s Adwords Keyword Planner. Ashley from Mad Lemmings, shares exactly how to use the Keyword Planner for your keyword research.
There’s a lot of information here, and keywords can definitely be confusing, but if you take it small bit by small bit and try to ingest a small amount daily, you will likely succeed with all of your keyword research and usage. Good luck!
Looking for even more posts to help generate traffic to your blog? Check out these!
Have you used keywords before? What tips do you have for other bloggers looking to utilize keywords?
If you’ve never used keywords before, what other questions do you have for us?
Share in the comments below!