Everywhere you go, you see information about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and how important it is for your personal blog. The thing is, SEO can seem scary and difficult to understand. However, there are LOADS of blogs out there who have taken every minute detail about SEO and broken it down into far simpler, more digestible tidbits.
SEO is defined as, “the practice of improving and promoting a website to increase the number of visitors the site receives from search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web,” from the beginner’s guide to SEO.
Today we are sharing the best posts that we’ve seen, that help can you build your blog’s SEO.
Tips for Better SEO
- If you want to take your time and read everything there is to know about the basics of SEO, you want to check out this article from Moz, The Beginner’s Guide to SEO.
- Not sure where to get started with SEO? Small Business Search Marketing’s post, How to Get Started with SEO, can help you get focused on which direction you need to take.
- Formatting your blog posts correctly is hugely important when making sure you have great blog SEO. This post from Dana at Wonder Forest has some great tips to ensure you’re covering your bases.
- Search Engine Land has an awesome infographic that they’ve cleverly titled, “The Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors.” The infographic shares all of the basic information that is important when determining your blog’s SEO, (ie: Content, the Words you use, etc).
- Knowing where you currently stand in regards to blog SEO is hugely important, and Entrepreneur can help you determine that with their 10 Basic SEO Tips.
- Did you know that Google+ can help with your blog’s SEO? This post from HubSpot shares some of the quick wins in building up your Google+ page.
- Believe it or not, you need to have onsite and offsite SEO covered for your blog. This post from Skillcrush will help you learn SEO fast!
- Are you aware that you can and should be optimizing your images for SEO? 5 Ways to Optimize Your Photos for Amazing SEO, from Skillcrush, explains exactly what you need to do.
Last but not least
- This SEO Starter Guide comes directly from Google. It is a bit more on the techy side, but once you’re feeling stronger with your SEO skills, it is a fantastic read!
As you can see there’s a lot of information out there that can help you become better prepared for your blog’s SEO. This is just the tip of the iceberg, just the basics. There are loads and loads of posts that go much more into techy details, but also contain useful information.
Hopefully this post comes in handy, next time you’re looking to ensure a blog post is optimized for SEO.
What other tips do you have to help improve your blog’s SEO?
Are there any SEO areas that you specifically struggle with? We’d love to help you out!
Share in the comments below!