In the following post, see for yourself if you’ve neglected a tried-and-tested technique. These are the most effective and important blogging secrets that can open the floodgates of traffic for your website! Some you might have already noticed in your search for blogging tips, and some might completely surprise you: “Why didn’t I think of that before!”
Blogging Strategy Secrets
- 1. Create an editorial calendar and stick to it. A month’s menu of posts helps you focus, organize, and create connections between articles! It also keeps your from getting stuck.
- 2. Strike a balance between quantity and quality. Post often! But be entertaining and engaging every time you do! It’s the big blogging secret behind exposure and traffic.
- 3. Stuck? Let your readers inspire you. What do they want from you? Research that through analytics or surveys. Determine their interests. Or write about them and theirs! Success stories. Inspirationals. People love that. And they’ll share your content and do your marketing for you.
- 4. Repurpose ideas from your competitor. It’s easy: just watch and read. They’ve probably already tested keywords. Use them!
Content Promotion Tips and Tricks
- 5. Follow the 20-30% rule. That’s the percentage of how much of your OWN content you promote on your social media. The rest? Curate content. People love their content being shared. They’ll return the favor and you look good to your readers!
- 6. Make social sharing a snap. Your images should be pinnable to Pinterest. Quotes should be easily retweeted with a Tweet button! It’s an incredible blogging secret: if you want social media exposure, make it easy and instant to share your content!
- 7. Reward subscriptions, and your email content should be a regular reward. Free stuff. Giveaways. Exclusives. Guides and tutorials. If your email is valuable, people will not unsubscribe. Your mailing list will only increase, and so would your clients and customers!
- 8. Leverage existing communities. One of the most effective blogging secret ever: network where your audience is already hanging out! Facebook groups. Blog affiliates. Twitter hashtags. Tumblr pages. Pinterest boards. Interact, guest post, be a provider and contributor.
Blog Content Techniques
- 9. 16.12% of content is Tweeted rather than read. So always use irresistible and succinct blog titles! It’s one of the most obvious and yet still the best-kept blogging secret: The devil is in the blog title!
- 10. After you hook them with your blog title, continue to reel them in with irresistible opening lines. Ask a question. Deliver a shocking statement or statistic. Tell an engaging story!
- 11. It’s all about the story, not the word count. Seth Godin writes very short pieces 100-500 words, but very meaty (and very successful!). Aim for meaty, valuable content.
- 12. Appeal to the eyes. Find a talented graphic designer and keep him/her. Don’t just post in great huge paragraphs. Use numbered lists, bullets, banners, gorgeously edited stock photos, icons and infographics!
- 13. Engagement is everything. It’s the biggest blogging secret all the experts agree on. It leads to traffic, social shares and more readers and clients. Here’s the blogging secret to engagement: MAKE THEM COMMENT. How?
- 1. Fan trigger: Pop culture. TV shows, movies, bands, celebrities (in Hollywood or in your niche. Sports!
- 2. Market research: “Would you/do you eat/drink/buy…?”
- 3. Company assessment/contribution: “What do you think about our blog design?” “We want YOUR ideas for our upcoming website revamp!” “Vote for what you like and I’ll do/write/create it….”
- 14. Guest post more often. Guest posting is still going strong. One: it’s flattering to the blog you post for, that you’re a reader (you have to be) and honored to be a contributor, and two: You get links. You get ranking. You get traffic. It’s win-win.
These best-kept blogging secrets deliver the best results to the diligent and savvy blogger. The trick is to be seen– and of course, to be ready to be seen! Is your blog ready? Try these blogging tips today!