If you’re a blogger, you likely rely on Pinterest for a large chunk of your traffic. However, not so long ago, Pinterest released what they call their “Smart Feed,” which attaches certain attributes to Pins. What that means is that your Pin should be of value. Pinterest’s new algorithm looks at a few different things when rating it for other viewers – They take into a account the quality of the pin, and the quality of the source that the pin is coming from (You can read more about the new algorithm, here).
With these changes, knowing how to optimize your blog’s pins for maximum traffic has become even more important. Today we’re going to share with you over 100 ways to Master Pinterest’s Smart Feed.
Tips to Master Pinterest Smart Feed
- The first step to optimizing your blog for Pinterest, is to actually understand what the Smart Feed is. This post from SimplePinMedia, can help you understand what the Smart Feed really is.
- Now that you understand what the Smart Feed is, it is important to know and understand what it means for your business. Business2Community’s post The Pinterest Smart Feed and What it Means for Your Business, can help you clear the confusion.
- In order to get your pins seen on Pinterest, you need to do things a bit differently than you always have. This post from Social Media Examiner, explains How to Opitmize Your Pins for the Pinterest Smart Feed.
- With Pinterest Smart Feed, users no longer see the Pins that were most recently shared, they see the BEST pins for their interests, which means you need to optimize your pins. The Pin Junkie shares tips on how to unlock Pinterest’s Smart Feed and Get Your Pins Seen.
- Did you know Pinterest is a search engine, with the ability to repin your content? And, we should treat it that way. This post from Blog Chicka Blog, titled Pinterest Smart Feed: Formulating Comprehensive Blogger Stratgy, dives into more details surrounding this.
- Want tips straight from the horses mouth, on how to drive traffic with Pinterest search? Check this post out, directly from Pinterest.
- If Pinterest’s Smart Feed is still confusing to you, then here are additional tips that will help you go step-by-step, to a better understanding.
- How long have you been a member of Pinterest? If it’s been awhile, then it is likely that you have Pins from the very beginning that aren’t very relevant to you or to your blog’s mission. Sarah Titus shares 9 Reasons You Should be Deleting Your Pins!
- One way to get your Pins seen, that hasn’t gone to the wayside is Pinterest Group Boards. Blog Chicka Blog shares more information in their post, Pinterest Group Boards: Love ’em or Leave ’em?
- Pinterest has been many bloggers platform of choice for quite awhile, don’t let the Smart Feed derail that. Here are 16 (more) Tips for Using the New Pinterest Smart Feed.
- Are you concerned that Smart Feed could hurt be hurting small businesses? Small Business Trends shares the reasons why it won’t hurt small businesses, but how you need to change.
- Do you think that you’re Pinning correctly? Anna, from Anna C. Bennett, shares 7 Ways that You’re Seriously Pinning Wrong.
- Through all the changes with the Pinterest Smart Feed, there are really GOOD things about it, too! Melissa, from Blog Clarity shares, Has Your Pinterest Traffic Tanked? (And What to Do if It Has).
There you have it! Now, you can become a rock star at the pinning with Pinterest Smart Feed and watch your blog traffic skyrocket!
What did we miss? What other tips do you have when it comes to Pinterest?
Share in the comments below!