As bloggers we know how important it is to have quality images in our posts.
Sure there are lots of places to find free images (we have a great post on that), but you could make your blog even MORE fun, but taking your own photos. They’re specific to you and YOUR blog!
Plus, it might be kind of fun to see yourself or one of your pictures pinned over and over again, all around the web! 🙂
Today we’re sharing over 100 different photography tips for bloggers…
- A beginner teaching beginners new things? Our Fifth House shares a fantastic article with 7 tips for beginner photographers, from a beginner. I know that might sound silly, but it is an amazing post! Easy to understand and follow.
- When using Manual Mode, you can take some of the most gorgeous images. Chelsea from, Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles shares 4 tips on how to learn how to use your DSLR camera in Manual Mode in 1 afternoon.
- It’s important to learn the camera, Katie from happilyevermom, shares 15 tips she wishes she’d known before she began shooting with a DSLR.
- You now happily own your DSLR camera, you’re slowly learning how to shoot with it, but do you know about the different types of lenses available? Courtney from Sweet C’s Designs shares the details around 5 different lenses.
- Are you familiar with the rule of thirds? Digital Photography School shares his tips on what the rule of thirds is, why it’s important and why you should use it.
- Black and White Photography can be quite stunning when created properly, Photodoto has 6 tips on Black & White photography for beginners.
- If you don’t have your DSLR handy, but need to snap a pic, this post from Chelsea from Two Twenty One shares 10 to take better photos with your smartphone.
- There are loads of different and unique things you can do with photography, too! This post from HubPages shares 24 different techniques.
- It is almost a requirement for food bloggers to take absolutely stunning pictures. Kate from Cookie + Kate, shares her photo tips for food bloggers.
- For crafters, or others who need to take photos of still images, having a photo box can really help make your images pop. Anne from Flax & Twine shares how to make an inexpensive light box.
Now that you know how to take your pictures, it’s time to edit!
- Photoshop can be confusing to a beginner, but Erin from How to Nest for Less, shares 6 tips on how to use Photoshop to edit your photos.
- BuzzFeed has a great post with 21 different PhotoShop Hacks, that everyone should know.
- PicMonkey is another great resource for editing photos. Leilani from Just a Touch of Crazy shares her tips to edit a photo using PicMonkey.
- If you’re editing a photo right on your phone there are some great apps out there to help with that, Krystal from Krystal’s Kitsch, offers 11 different ides for apps to edit your photos.
What are some of your best tips for creating stunning images for your blog?
Share in the comments below!
We’d love if you followed our Photography bored on Pinterest. We are always Pinning the best of the best, there, too!
Follow Tanya @ Blogelina.com’s board Photography on Pinterest.