No successful blog can be an island. We need to be engaged with other bloggers in order to succeed. Let’s take a quick look at some ways that we could easily help another blogger promote their blog:
- Comment – Leave valuable feedback on their posts. The more interaction that new readers to their blog find, the more likely they will be to stick around. (Problogger, Darren Rowse, says that one thing that will make him leave a blog in 3 seconds is lack of comments!)
- Follow – Become a follower of them on Twitter, Facebook, or via RSS. Again, when people see that there are other people keeping track of a blogger, they’re more likely to stick around to find out what everyone else is interested in.
- Participate in Blog Events – When a blogger hosts a giveaway, a blog hop, a twitter party, or some other event, show up! Say you’re coming and be an active participant.
- Link to their blog – There are several ways to do this. Was a post they wrote particularly helpful and would also benefit your readers? Link to the post. Re-tweet posts that are of value to your readers and followers. Just write a post introducing their blog and how you’ve been helped by it.
- Place their blog button in your sidebar – Advertise their blog on yours. This is especially easy if they’re offering a helpful product that you can promote.
- Offer to Guest Post – And then link to your guest post from your blog.
- Ask for a Guest Post – And then clearly display their author bio and at least one link back to their site. You might also link to other posts they’ve written on their blog that relate to the topic of their guest post.
- Initiate a cross-blog conversation or interview – Ask a question on your blog that they can answer on theirs and link back and forth. I’ll have an example of such a cross-blog conversation coming up next week with Rhonda at MommyRevenue.com. Stay tuned!
- Send them an email – This might not directly help promote their blog, but I’m sure your encouraging words will be appreciated. Who doesn’t get a bit bogged down with the whole blogging thing every once in a while? It’s pretty easy to get discouraged. Send a note letting them know how their blog has impacted you.
- Ask them to join your blogging clan – Or, if your clan is full, tell them about the program so they can get involved!
Have any other suggestions? What are some ways that YOU would like other bloggers to help promote YOUR blog?