Gaining freedom from the many hours that it might require to maintain your blog will require the organization of writing out a good schedule of all your tasks and eliminating the time wasters. By utilizing every possibility that can save you time, you’ll acquire more free time to spend with your family or to do other projects.
Using software that can automate tasks and other tedious activities can be a real time saver. Realize that a few minutes saved here and there can really add up over time. Using WordPress for your blogging platform comes with lots of possibilities since there are numerous plugins available. It’s very easy to upload a WP plugin in a matter of minutes. It is wise; however, to read through all the requirements to make sure that your hosting server can accommodate the software.
How to Install WordPress Plugins – Uploading
To begin installing your WP plugin, login to your blog’s dashboard. Next, click on the following navigation links:
- “Add New”
- Then, you can click the “Browse” button to locate your zipped file.
- Lastly, click the “Install Now” button. You will want to make sure to “Activate” your plugin once it shows that it’s been installed.
The Even Easier Way
You can also simply search for plugins that meet your needs by entering keywords in your Plugins>>Add New menu.
9 WordPress Plugins That Will Save You Time (And Hassle!)
- Akismet (http://akismet.com/) – This plugin identifies and blocks spam comments and trackbacks. *Note: Although this plugin works great, it’s best to still check your spam comments every so often as sometimes valid comments end up in the spam section unnecessarily.
- Fast Secure Contact Forms (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/si-contact-form/) – Creates very customizable contact forms that lets your visitors send you email. Blocks all automated spammers.
- Mobile Apps (http://en.support.wordpress.com/apps/) – Manage your blog on the go. Perfect for traveling or anytime when you’re away from your office.
- WordPress Backup to Dropbox (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-backup-to-dropbox/) – Automatically backs up your blog by uploading your blogs files and a SQL dump of its database to Dropbox. *Note: Dropbox offers free 2 GB of storage on their basic account.
- WordPress Stats (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stats/) – Simple, concise stats with no additional load on your server. Plug into WordPress.com’s stats system with this plugin.
- WP CleanFix (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-cleanfix/) – All in one tool for check, repair, fix and optimize your blog. You can save time cleaning up your blog for unused categories, tags and more.
- eStore (*paid) (http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wordpress-estore-plugin) – Full-featured ecommerce plugin. Makes it easy to set up and sell products via your WordPress blog. You can also purchase the complimentary eAffiliates plugin and boost your sales by easily offering an incentive program for referrals.
- WP toTwitter (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-to-twitter/) – Automatically posts to your Twitter account whenever you update your blog, providing a link back to your post from Twitter.
- Yet another related post (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yet-another-related-posts-plugin/) – This plugin automatically searches for related posts to share with your readers. When you write a new blog post, you’ll save lots of time from having to hunt down related topics yourself.
What Plugins Am I Missing?
Do you have a plugin or two that you absolutely love? Do a good deed and share in the comments below – you just never know how much your suggestion could help make life easier for another blogger!