Perhaps you’ve heard the term Content Marketing? It’s become quite the buzz word(s), lately.
One of the best ways you can market yourself or your product is by writing highly valuable and engaging content, content that sucks the reader in and won’t let them go until they’ve finished reading.
THAT is content marketing!
You want to attract individuals (potential customers) to you, and your blog. If you sell a product, you want to write articles that enhance a users experience with your item. If you only have a blog, creating amazing content can lead to more sponsorships on your blog, possible freelance opportunities, and of course increased traffic.
However, in order to become really great at content marketing, you need to understand what it’s all about. That’s what today’s post is for…
Understanding Content Marketing
- What is content marketing? Why not let the experts at Content Marketing Institute explain it!?
- Content Marketing is a means of telling or selling your story. This post from Meltwater explains what Content Marketing IS and ISN’T.
- Maybe you’re wondering why you should even bother with content marketing. Hootsuite explains why in their post, What is Content Marketing, Really?
- Want to better understand the difference between content marketing and traditional marketing? Longneck & Thunderfoot will help you understand the power of content marketing.
- In order to be effective at content marketing, you must have a content strategy. This infographic from WebMag.co shares tips on how you can make a difference with your content.
- Once you’ve created your strategy, there are several different methods to consider when producing your content. Zerys’ post shares news, tips and strategies for serious content marketers.
- You have your content marketing strategy down, you know of a few different ways to share your content, now you need to know how your content is performing. Marketing Land shares a post about what content marketers need to know about Google Analytics.
Bonus Content from Blogelina
- How to Maximize Your Content Marketing in 2015
- How to Write Incredible Content that People Will Want to Share
- Digital Marketing Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
After reading that, I’m sure it is clear why content marketing is so incredibly important to you and your brand. So, get out there and write your relevant and valuable posts!
What areas of content marketing still confuse you?
Share in the comments below!