So, you want to start guest posting. You have LOADS of ideas, but maybe the topic doesn’t quite fit with your blog’s niche, OR maybe you are looking to build some traffic to your blog. Either way, guest posting is the perfect solution for both. However, there are some important things to remember when reaching out to favorite bloggers, or a bigger named blog.
In this post we’ll provide you tips to ensuring you land those guest posting gigs!
Finding Guest Posts
- Finding those guest post opportunities can be a struggle, especially if you’re going to bloggers who are already inundated with requests. This post from Copyblogger, shares how you can find the hidden guest blogging opportunities.
- Bloggers are always looking for content, knowing where to look for these opportunities is key! This post from Moz provides 15 ways to find new guest posting opportunities.
- Knowing which search words to put into Google is one of the most important things when looking for new guest post gigs. Daily Blog Tips shares 3 Smart Google Search Tips to Hunt for Guest Post Opportunities.
- If you’ve done your due diligence searching for guest posting opps, then the next step is to join guest posting communities. Social Media Examiner provides 4 different communities that you can join.
- If you have a blog that you frequent, and notice that they advertise where they’ve guest posted in their sidebar, why not check out those same blogs, and offer your content? They may be willing to also accept your posts. This is just one of the many unique ideas that Brian from Backlinko shares in his post, The Definitive Guide to Guest Blogging.
Securing Guest Posting Opportunities
Alright, you’ve now spent the better part of a day doing guest post research, you have a large number of places that you can reach out to regarding writing a guest post for them. What do you do now?
Ensuring you reach out or contact them in the best way possible… for that particular blog…is important! Here are some tips to ensuring you secure that guest post!
- If you’re just starting out, you will likely be “cold pitching” the bloggers you’re reaching out to. This post from CoSchedule shares how to master the art of the cold pitch.
- Want to ensure that 100% of your guest post pitches are accepted? Madtown Design Co, shares their 4 tips securing your guest post opps.
- Want 1 simple tip that will help you to secure each of the guest posting opportunities you reach out for? Business 2 Community shares that 1 tip!
- Looking for even MORE guest posting opportunities? This post from Peter Sandeen shares over 140 of the best sites for guest posting, in ALL realms of blogging.
You are now armed and dangerous when it comes to searching out and securing guest blogging opportunities. Good luck!
What are some other tips that you have for guest blogging? Did we miss anything?
Share in the comments, below!