People wonder if it’s possible to make money with a blog. Once they realize that it is possible, they wonder if it’s possible to make a lot of money with a blog.
I was one of those people and I will tell you I’m not wondering anymore – I’ve seen with my own eyes that, yes, making a substantial amount of money is possible.
In a nutshell, here are some more reasons that I think 2011 was such an amazing year for Blogelina…
A Bit of Background
Before I go into some of the reasons we’ve seen such a successful year here at Blogelina (to show just how possible I think it is for you to do the same), I want to give you a bit of my background – some of my blogging story.
I’ve been blogging for at least 3 years now – working hard over that time to learn everything I possibly can about blogging and how to do it the right way – the profitable way. There is a lot of information about blogging out there – and it can seem really overwhelming. As I spent a lot of time in research, and a lot of time and money in trial and error with a few different blogs, I started to see some success.
And, I thought – Hey, there are a lot of bloggers like me, trying to get a start online, trying to make some money from home, and feeling completely overwhelmed and discouraged by all there is to know about blogging.
So, I set out to do what I could to make it easier on those bloggers like me – and the idea of Blogelina was born.
That to say, while 2011 was Blogelina’s first year of being online, it’s not been my first year of blogging.
Why We Had Such a Successful Year – And Why You Can, Too
- Find a specific need – and meet it. There are a lot of amazing blogs on blogging out there – like Problogger.net, DailyBlogTips.com, Blogussion… all written by people who know a ton about blogging (and all I highly recommend following their blogs for updates). As I started to dream the idea of Blogelina, I needed to find out what unique thing I could offer that those blogs weren’t able to offer. I did a lot of brainstorming – and finally realized that, while those blogs could beat me any day with amazing content, in the number of readers they have, in their influence – I, as a smaller blog starting out, could offer a very personal touch that they just couldn’t. And the idea for the Profitable Blogging For Beginners Class was born.
- Find A Way to Really Help People – That also Earns You Money. This point can be a tricky one but if you keep brainstorming, there are ways this can be done with any niche. I can say this confidently, because I have a blog whose target readers are stay-at-home moms who can’t afford to spend any money. If I can do it, anyone can!
- Don’t Focus On Money & Stats – Focus On Your Readers. You’ve probably heard this said before, but I will say it again because it is so important. If you’re only blogging for the money, you aren’t going to go far. Find a topic that you are so passionate about, you will gladly write about it for free. Find a way to help people you can empathize and really care about. And then, take care of your readers – don’t ever just sell to them. Everyone else is always trying to sell something – stand out from the crowd and surprise your readers by actually genuinely wanting to help them.
- Find A Blogger Who’s Been There – And Learn Everything You Can From Them. I have to be honest, without the help of the pro-bloggers who have written amazing e-books and e-courses, blog posts, and have even taken the time to respond to an email or two of mine, I wouldn’t be writing a post with a title like this one. So, find a blogger you admire and watch what they’re doing so you can apply it to your own blogging. Blogelina’s upcoming 10-Week Blog Mentorship Program might be a good place to start – or start asking questions of the bloggers in your niche. You never know when you actually might just get the answer you need.
- Find What Works For YOUR Blog – and Then Go With It. If something isn’t working for your blog, don’t keep wasting time on it. If something is working, figure out ways to make it work even better. And keep in mind, what works great today might not work great 6 months from now. It’s important to be flexible and stick to what you can see results with – even if they’re small results to start with.
- When The Going Gets Rough – Don’t Quit! I can’t tell you how many times over the past few years, I’ve wanted to just quit blogging. It seems like such an uphill battle sometimes (which is why it’s important to have a support group for your blog), but I’ve found it’s so important to just hang in there – and keep doing what you’re doing. Keep moving forward. I tell myself that if I still feel like quitting at the end of next month, then I’ll actually quit. And it’s never happened – don’t do anything impulsive! Hang in there!
My Real Credit For Success Goes To…
This past year has been an amazing journey for me as I’ve watched Blogelina grow so much. As a born again Christian who believes in an amazing God who answers prayers, it’s been such an encouraging thing in my life to see God “show off” as He’s taken my hard work and efforts with my blog and blessed them with results beyond what I could even imagine. One year ago, I had a dollar amount in my mind that I wanted to earn this past year. And I thought that number was pretty unrealistically high. By God’s grace, I’ve seen that number multiplied several times. Yes, I have put in a lot of hard work and time during my blogging career – but I have seen that it is God who gives the increase.
Take Away Lesson
Dream big. Then, work hard to learn everything you can learn and do everything you can do to make that dream happen. Make sure to take advantage of every opportunity you have to do your part to take your blog where you want it to go!
You just may be amazed, as I’ve been, with some awesome results!
For more practical advice on how to get your blog started on the right foot, I recommend the following important steps:
What Questions Can I Answer For You?
Leave your questions in the comments below and I’ll do my best to get you an answer! Or, consider signing up for our Online Blogging Class!